Most countries now offer simple three digit phone number access to all emergency services. This access strategy means that all calls must be received by one organization that will then forward it to the most appropriate emergency service in order to triage the service response.
DeltaACD for three-digit phone number emergency services provides a complete specialized contact center for emergency call handling. It includes a multi-channel ACD, call recording, dedicated agent workstation, emergency call routing applications and open interfaces to allow the effective integration into existing infrastructure and systems.
The DeltaACD platform provides comprehensive support for both the initial call handling and reception (PSAP-1) as well as the reception, triage and management at the emergency service responder such as the police, fire or ambulance service (PSAP-2).
- Proven platform for supporting emergency services since the early 1990s.
- Highly modular product, it enables components to be delivered and integrated into an existing emergency call handling infrastructure or a new site. For example, it can be deployed to a PSAP-1 provider, a PSAP-2 emergency service, or across both sets of organizations.
- Resilience with multiple layers of redundancy ensuring systems can continue to function during major disaster scenarios.
- Specialized call routing to ensure calls are not relinquished in error and with complete call control to manage the calls throughout their life.
- Flexible integration framework to interconnect with supporting databases and systems.
- Integration to mobile location information services for mobile subscribers.
- 100% call recording of all emergency calls for audit and quality control, together with agent desktop recording for a complete understanding of each recorded call.
- Accessibility with support for text phones, for example, to ensure services are accessible for deaf people.
- Silent call management, whereby calls made in error can be managed and if necessary forwarded to an automated system.
- Support for the European eCall protocol that dials 112 automatically in a vehicles that have been in an accident.